2011 was a great year, reading- and otherwise! I did read 78 books, which is 13 more than my goal of 65 (which I never thought I'd reach in the first place!) I'm going to take a look at some of my favourites this years.
I did not quite manage to count the number of pages I read - and counting them now, knowing I read 78 books is nearly impossible.
Genres read in 2011: Fantasy, comic fantasy, horror, gothic fiction, satire, historical fiction, dystopian, classic fiction, science fiction, mystery/thrillers.
Top Reads of 2011 (in the order I read them):
3. Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones
5. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
6. Helter Skelter - The True Story of the Manson Murders by Vincent Bugliosi
9. The Case of Charles Dexter Ward by H. P. Lovecraft
(two special mentions)
11. Tiffany Aching series by Terry Pratchett
12. Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury
Apart from reading new genres, I tried out different forms of books like plays, essays, short stories and even audiobooks; I turned into quite a reviewer for some part of the year; and I believe I spent the most on books in 2011.
Best Gifts of 2011 (also review copies and giveaway wins - basically, books I didn't have to pay for!) : Thanks to all those who gave me these (you know who you are!)
1. Tales of Beedle the Bard, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Quidditch Through the Ages by J. K. Rowling
2. The Great Gatsby by Scott Fitzgerald
3. 11.22.63 by Stephen King
4. The Clown by Heinrich Boell
5. Children of the Street by Kwei Quartey
I gave a bunch of book-gifts myself (like The ultimate Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy collection by Douglas Adams to my sis and Nicholas Sparks's Message in the Bottle to a friend.)
I will also put up a favourite characters of 2011 post, it's in my drafts - but it's getting too late and I'm sleepy now - the first day of 2012 is already over and I'm loving the new year. I do hope you guys have just as wonderful a year!