Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Grab your current read, open to a random page and share two teaser sentences from that page!
My teaser this week is from a science fiction book called Strata by Terry Pratchett. It is one of his first novels, and is sort of a prequel to the Discworld. Kin Arad, who is more than a couple of centuries old, works for a Company that designs planets. She is recruited, along with others, on an expedition to a miraculously odd planet - a flat earth! Here's my teaser:
"We build worlds, we don't just terraform planets. Robots could do that. We build places where the imagination of human beings can find an anchor."
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there will be a new Top Ten list complete with one bloggers’ answers. This week's topic:
Top Ten Books That Should Be In A Beach Bag - Your perfect beach reads!
Where I read isn't really an issue. The only things I wouldn't like to read on a beach are books about terrifying sea monsters and people stranded on islands. Here's my top ten anyway:
1. Any Harry Potter book - J.K Rowling: There is nowhere in the world I'd say no to reading this!
2. Life of Pi - Yann Martel: It has the ocean, but not the scary monsters, so that's ok!
3. Marley and Me - John Grogan: Just the type of pure fun the beach calls for!
4. Good Omens - Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman: Another book I could read anywhere!
5. Three Men In A Boat - Jerome K. Jerome: I die laughing every time I read this - it has the perfect plot for a beach trip!!
6. Papillon - Henry Charrière: It's been a long time since I read this one, and I'd love to read it again!
7. M is for Magic - Neil Gaiman: Awesome, funny short stories!!
8. Discworld books starring Death - Terry Pratchett: Mort, Reaper Man, Hogfather, etc!
9. Howl's Moving Castle - Dianna Wynne Jones: One of the most fun books ever!!
10. The Shadow of the Wind - Carlos Ruiz Zafón: For after I get tired of laughing!